GHSM Contributes to The Lancet Series on Global Mental Health
17 Oct 2011
GHSM faculty members Giuseppe Raviola, Anne Becker, and Paul Farmer contributed to recent commentaries published in the Lancet in a special series on global mental health. The Lancet Series on Global Mental Health 2011 features six articles:
- Poverty and mental disorders: breaking the cycle in low-income and middle-income countries;
- Child and adolescent mental health worldwide: evidence for action;
- Mental health and psychosocial support in humanitarian settings: linking practice and research;
- Scale up of services for mental health in low-income and middle-income countries;
- Human resources for mental health care: current situation and strategies for action; and
- Human rights violations of people with mental and psychosocial disabilities: an unresolved global crisis.
In addition, there are four commentaries on the series, including one by Raviola, Becker, and Farmer: A global scope for global health—including mental health. Vikram Patel, Pamela Collins, Theresa Betancourt, and Myron Belfer are also among the many authors contributing to the series.