Chunling Lu, PhD
- 1986 B.A., International Relations, Fudan University, Shanghai China
- 1989 M.A. Political Science, Fudan University, Shanghai China
- 1997 M.A. Sociology, Syracuse University
- 1998 M.S. Applied Statistics, Syracuse University
- 2000 Ph.D., Economics, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
Chunling Lu, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of medicine and an assistant professor of global health and social medicine at Harvard Medical School. As a health economist, Dr. Lu is currently engaged in five research areas: (1) tracking, measuring, and analyzing national and global funding sources for health; (2) developing methodologies, measurements, and cost information-collecting technologies that facilitate comparative analysis for evaluation research; (3) evaluating the impact of global health aid on health system strengthening and population health outcomes in resource-poor settings; (4) evaluating the progress of universal health coverage, and (5) measuring the economic burden of diseases in developing countries.
- Lu C, Michaud CM, Khan K, Murray CJL. Absorptive capacity and disbursements by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria: analysis of grant implementation. Lancet 2006;368:483–88.
- Lu C, Michaud CM, Gakidou E, Khan K, Murray CJL. Effect of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization on diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine coverage: an independent assessment. Lancet 2006;368:1088–95.
- Lu C, Frank RG, McGuire TG. Demand response of mental health services to cost sharing under managed care. Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics 2008;11(3):113-125.
- Lu C, Frank RG, McGuire TC. Demand response to cost sharing under managed health care. Contemporary Economic Policy 2009;27(1):1-15
- Lu C, Chin B, Li G, Murray CJL. Limitations of methods for measuring out-of-pocket and catastrophic private health expenditures. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2009;87:238–244.
- Lu C, Frank RG, Liu Y, Shen J. The Impact of mental health on labour market outcomes in China. The Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics 2009;12:157-166.
- Lu C, Schneider MT, Gubbins P, Leach-Kemon K, Jamison D, Murray CJL. Public financing of health in developing countries: impact of GDP growth, size of government and development assistance for health. Lancet 2010;375:1375-87.
- Lu C, Chin B, Lewandowski JL, Basinga P, Hirschhorn L, Hill K, Murray M, Binagwaho A. Towards universal health coverage: An evaluation of Rwanda Mutuelles in its first eight years. PLoS One. 06/18/2012.