Joshua Chauvin, PhD
Dr. Joshua Chauvin is an entrepreneur and psychologist passionate about building innovative technologies, businesses, and non-profit initiatives globally to meet the challenges in mental health care. As a Senior Strategy Manager for Alpha Health, he is currently helping to lead a collaborative effort with Harvard Medical School to build EMPOWER, an open-access digital platform designed to train up the world's mental health workforce. He has previously worked as Partnerships Manager for Mindstrong Health and as a research consultant for the Canadian Mental Health Association. He has been involved in a number of anti-stigmatization campaigns in Canada, has chaired the Mind Your Head Campaign in Oxford and is the Co-Founder of the It Gets Brighter Campaign, which shares and collects video messages for young people struggling with mental health issues. Josh completed a DPhil in Experimental Psychology at the University of Oxford as both a Rhodes Scholar and a Canadian Centennial Scholar, is an Associate Fellow at the Evidence-Based Practice Unit, an Advisor to Jack.org, and an Honorary Senior Research Associate at UCL.
- Zokaei, N. Gillebert, C.R., Chauvin, J.J., Gresch, D., Board, A.G., Hu, M. T., Nobre, A.C. (submitted). Temporal orienting in Parkinson’s disease.
- Chauvin, J.J. & Insel, T. (2018). Building the Thermometer for Mental Health. Cerebrum.
- Heideman, S.G., Rohenkohl, G., Chauvin, J.J., Palmer, C.E., van Ede, F., & Nobre, A.C. (2018). Anticipatory neural dynamics of joint spatial-temporal orienting of attention in younger and older adults. NeuroImage.
- Keedron, B., Rudkin, A., Wolpert, M., Adler, J., Przybylski, A.K, Perez-Vallejos, E., Bowden-Jones, H, Chauvin, J.J., Mills, K.L., Jirotka, M., & Julian Childs (2017). Digital Childhood Addressing Childhood Development Milestones in the Digital Environment.
- Chauvin, J.J., Gillebert, C. R., Rohenkohl, G., Humphreys, G. W., & Nobre, A. (2016). Temporal orienting of attention can be preserved in normal ageing. Psychology and Aging.
- Chauvin, J.J, Guarini , M. & Abeare, C. (2009). Neural Network Computability of Face-based Attractiveness, Proceedings of the 2009 International Joint Conference on Computational Intelligence. Madeira, Portugal.
- Guarini, M., Chauvin, J.J., & Gorman, J., (2010 submission). “Reflections on Neurocomputational Reliabilism”. Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence, Rome, Italy.
641 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115