COVID-19: Reflections and Updates
Original Release Date: 11/3/2020 (This video was recorded on 11/2/2020)
Credit End Date: 5/1/2021 (Please note that credit will no longer be issued for the activity after this date)
Estimated Time to Complete: .75 hour
CME Post-test: COVID-19: Reflections and Updates (Recording)
- Anthony S. Fauci, MD, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the U.S. National Institutes of Health
- Jim Yong Kim, MD, PhD, Vice Chairman and Partner at Global Infrastructure Partners
- George Q. Daley, MD, PhD, Dean of Harvard Medical School and the Caroline Shields Walker Professor of Medicine at HMS
- Dr. Paul Farmer, MD, PhD, Kolokotrones University Professor of Global Health and Social Medicine, Chair of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine; Chief, Division of Global Health Equity, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Co-founder, Partners In Health
DISCLOSURE: All individuals including course directors, planners, reviewers, faculty, staff, etc., who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity have, on behalf of themselves and their spouse or partner, reported no financial relationships related to the content of this activity.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to
- Discuss lessons learned from the government response to COVID-19, both in the United States and abroad.
- Describe the role of public health in responding to pandemics in the United States.
- Discuss how social and structural determinants of health relate to COVID-19 outbreaks
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION: Review audio/video content, complete the activity evaluation, and score 75% on the required post-test to assess the knowledge gained from reviewing the program.
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Harvard Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of .75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
RESOURCES FOR FURTHER STUDY:
DISCLAIMER: Continuing education activities sponsored by Harvard Medical School are offered solely for educational purposes and do not constitute any form of certification of competency. Practitioners should always consult additional sources of information and exercise their best professional judgment before making clinical decisions of any kind.
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: Windows 7, 8, or 10 on PC and Mac OS X or above on Mac computers with the most current version web browser (Internet Explorer or Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome) for each. If you experience technical difficulties, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.