To promote the development of palliative care clinical capacity and research in low- and middle-income settings around the world by collaborating with our global partners:
- To draft or strengthen palliative care policies and strategic plans for integrating palliative care into healthcare education and clinical services;
- To develop sustainable palliative care training programs integrated into undergraduate, post-graduate, and continuing medical and nursing education;
- To assure safe access to essential palliative care medicines;
- To implement and study palliative care services;
- To develop a method for adapting palliative care for different cultural, clinical, and socio-economic settings.
Dr. Eric Krakauer, Director of the HMS Program in Global Palliative Care, provides ongoing training and clinical mentoring for the medical staff of the Department of Palliative Care at the Ho Chi Minh City Oncology Hospital, the largest cancer center in southern Vietnam.