The Proseminar in Social Medicine: Fall Lecture Schedule Wednesdays, 12:00–1:30PM (ET)
All proseminars will be via Zoom and maybe accessed online.
- September 23: Allan Brandt, PhD, “No Magic Bullet Reconsidered: COVID-19 and the New Age of Pandemics,” with discussant Paul Farmer, MD, PhD
- October 14: Marty Alexander, PhD and Joia Mukherjee, MD, MPH on historical and theoretical approaches to social medicine and global health.
- October 21: David Jones, MD, PhD on historical perspectives on race and disease, with discussant Nancy Oriol, MD
- November 4: Scott Podolsky, MD, PhD on global antibiotic production, marketing, regulation, and access, with discussant Jerry Avorn, MD
- November 18: Gene Bukhman, MD, PhD on global health and the Cold War, with discussant Salmaan Keshavjee, MD, PhD, ScM
- December 2: Carole Mitnick, ScD on the politics of medical knowledge production and its impact on TB treatment standards, with discussant Mercedes Becerra, ScD
- December 16: Eugene Richardson, MD, PhD on race, reparations, and the transformational impact of social medicine practice (discussant TBD)