The Proseminar in Social Medicine: Lecture Schedule.
All proseminars will be via Zoom and maybe accessed online. To access Proseminar recordings, please visit our YouTube Channel.
- April 28, 2021: Gene Bukhman, MD, PhD
- April 14, 2021: Global Health Delivery Master of Medical Sciences in Global Health Delivery Alumni Panel
- March 24, 2021: Matt Bonds, PhD, "Combining Science and Social Justice for a Model System of Community-Based Universal Health Coverage in Madagascar" with discussant Tahiry Raveloson, MD
- March 10, 2021: Daniel Palazuelos, MD, "Global Health Pawns, or What is Lost in the Global Health Gains?" with discussant Denise Octavia Smith, MBA, CHW, PN
- February 24, 2021: Joseph P. Gone, PhD, "The Urban American Indian Traditional Spirituality Program: Community Engagement and Cultural Adaptation in Indigenous Health," with discussant Byron Good, PhD, BD
- February 17, 2021: Lindsey "Marty" Alexander, "Between Power and Knowledge: A Biopolitical History of Social Medicine," with discussant Dr. Cesar Abadia
- February 10, 2021: Neal Baer, MD with discussant Jason Silverstein, PhD | no recording available for this proseminar
- December 16, 2020: Mary Bassett, MD, MPH, Race and Redistributive Justice: COVID-19 and Beyond, with discussant Eugene Richardson, MD, PhD
- December 2, 2020: Carole Mitnick, ScD, "Social Construction of Knowledge and Failure to Deliver Health-Care Innovation: The case of guidelines for treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis," with discussant Salmaan Keshavjee, MD, PhD, ScM
- November 18, 2020: Vikram Patel, PhD, MBBS, "Redefining Care: Lessons from Global Health (and My Mother)," with discussant Arthur Kleinman, MD
- November 4, 2020: Scott Podolsky, MD, PhD, "Towards a 'Rational' Therapeutics: A Historical Approach to Antibiotic Production, Marketing, Regulation, Resistance, and Access," with discussant Jerry Avorn, MD
- October 21, 2020: David Jones, MD, PhD, "Historical Perspectives on Race and Disease," with discussant Nancy Oriol, MD
- October 14, 2020: Joia Mukherjee, MD, MPH "The Need for Critical Race and Feminist Theory in Health Equity," with discussant Michelle Morse, PhD
- September 23, 2020: Allan Brandt, PhD, “No Magic Bullet Reconsidered: COVID-19 and the New Age of Pandemics,” with discussant Paul Farmer, MD, PhD